Mackenzie Hughes served as lead counsel in substantially reducing a sales tax assessment on hazardous waste disposal on behalf of a Fortune 500 company.
Mackenzie Hughes attorneys practicing within the Tax area include:
Mary Anne Cody
Clayton H. Hale Jr.
Elizabeth A. Hartnett
Ami S. Longstreet
Latest Blog Posts
10/04/2016 — Where Do The Presidential Candidates Stand On Estate Taxes?
02/23/2016 — Review Of Partnership And LLC Operating Agreements Needed Prior To January 1, 2018
07/09/2015 — Good and Bad News for Non-residents owing New York Real Estate
Our tax attorneys include lawyers who are also certified public accountants who bring years of experience working at some of the nation's most respected accounting firms to our practice. They use this extensive experience to proactively counsel businesses, municipalities, public authorities and individuals in all aspects of federal, state and local tax matters. They also work closely with the attorneys and clients of our Estates & Trusts and Health Care practices to review and analyze specific tax issues.
- Tax appeals and audits at federal and state levels
- Tax controversies and tax litigation
- Advising start-up ventures, closely held corporations, general and limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Advising and drafting ownership succession plans
- Providing tax counsel in mergers, acquisitions and financing
- Independent tax opinions on significant corporate tax matters