Public Law & Policy
Mackenzie Hughes provided a major Central New York employer with a detailed analysis of both federal and state campaign finance laws, ensuring the company remained in compliance with all applicable regulations. The firm also advised clients on the need to set up a political action committee and the status of pending federal and state legislative initiatives.
Mackenzie Hughes attorneys servicing the Public Law & Policy Practice area
Mary Anne Cody
Clayton H. Hale, Jr.
Stephen T. Helmer
W. Bradley Hunt
Bradley J. Moses
Barry M. Shulman
Latest Blog Posts
11/25/2015 — The Drones are coming!
Mackenzie Hughes’ Public Law & Policy practice group consists of lawyers
who have considerable experience in government services. This experience
allows Mackenzie Hughes to assess client issues from a legal framework,
as well as within policy and political contexts. Our attorneys have effectively
achieved local, state and federal legislative solutions for our clients
who seek specific and strategic administrative and policy action by government
agencies and authorities through drafting, monitoring, and testifying
and lobbying for and against specific appropriations and legislation.
Specific services include:
- Counseling businesses on the liabilities stemming from statutory, regulatory, and common law actions
- Accounting and corporate governance
- Counseling health care clients in drug and device regulation, Medicare/Medicaid and medical privacy, including HIPAA
- Counseling clients on the full range of data privacy and security laws
- Advising clients on a whole range of local, state and federal legislative matters
- Advising clients on tax issues, including tax sheltering and pension reform
- Advising clients in various other issues, including antitrust, telecommunications, and government contracts
- Providing clients with quality, issue-based representation
- Assisting clients in compliance with all of the major energy, environmental, natural resource and transportation laws
- Guiding clients through policy debates
- Representing clients on appropriations matters, including preparation of the documentation and other information necessary, presenting the case, understanding the timing of the action, and seeing the request through to completion
- Developing and managing coalitions by bringing together industries with common interests to effectively advocate policy positions